June 27-29 @ San Francisco State University
A fun and intensive hands on workshop and practical training in the art and craft of Game Audio with an emphasis on the exciting new worlds of Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality!
Steve Horowitz, SFSU Faculty, and Scott Looney from the Game Audio Institute
- Join us June 27th-29th at San Francisco State university for 3 amazing days of
High Level hands on training.
- Early Bird Pricing: $350(if you register before June 1st)$400 after or at door
Location:SF State University School of Creative Arts Room-CA 260
- Student Early Bird discount: $275 – requires discount code. Please inquire!
- Housing Is Available for Out Of Town Attendees
- For any and all questions contact Steve: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day by Day Breakdown
Day 1 (11-5)
- Opening keynote, Discussion and Introductions
- Key Concepts in Sound For Games
- Industry Breakdown
- Hands on with Content Creation
Day 2 (11-5)
- Getting to know Unity
- Creating great game audio hands on
- Implementing sounds in Unity, How Game Engines think about sound a look under the hood
Day 3 (11-5)
- A close up look at Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and other cool new emerging Markets and devices.
- Working with a VR game, hands on
- Closing talk and Q & A
Industry panel discussion, Education and business roundtable discussion featuring:
- Richard Warp – Founder, Intonic Studios / Sound Designer, Pollen Music Group
- Robbie Kauker – Senior Audio Director , Electronic Arts, Maxis Studio
- Jim Hedges – Lead Audio Designer, Zynga
- more TBA (watch this space)
Who Should Attend
If you are a teacher looking to gain skills and bring this into your classroom or a beginner looking to find out more about how to break into the business, a film or TV composer who wants to find out more about the differences between linear and non-linear media, or even a game industry veteran who just wants to get current on the latest developments, this workshop is not to be missed!
Learn about Game Audio from the experts who wrote the book! With over 20 years of experience, Steve and Scott are uniquely qualified to help you to understand the dynamic world of sound for games!
The video game industry is in a state of flux. Tidal shifts are rippling through the waters as new delivery systems, next generation consoles, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and new middleware solutions emerge. In this three day intensive hands on Workshop, Game Audio gurus Steve Horowitz and Scott Looney will prepare you to deal with this new world of game audio.
What will happen
Attendees will use, a DAW like ProTools or Logic or Abelton, along with popular game audio middleware such as FMOD, Wwise and Fabric in conjunction with UNITY 3d to construct a complete audio experience for a game. This is your chance to supercharge your understanding of how sound works in games with the latest from FMOD studio, Wwise, Fabric and more.This workshop will also have a special emphasis on sound for VR. We will look a existing platforms as well as new and exciting emerging devises.
Game Audio is a tricky business. There is a lot of information to cover and it’s hard to know it all. Most importantly one must have an understanding of workflow & how interactive media differs in its process from linear media like film and TV.
Using SFSU’s state of the art lab, each student will have their own computer workstation and all the software needed pre-installed and ready to go. Steve and Scott will guide attendees through the process of implementing music, SFX and voice over from the recorded stage through the process of preparing and integrating these elements into a specially designed game lessons in UNITY.